Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Paris On My Mind

Paris....supreme capital of the Arts and Culture....how I am moved by you especially in the hustle and bustle of Les Halles.
How I am inspired by the majesty of the Place de la Concorde and all its surroundings.
 
How many times have I crossed the Pont Bir Hakeim, often glancing over my shoulder at the Tour Eiffel. This is bridge which takes me from Left Bank to Right Bank....providing me a change of perspective on life....
 
 
While you're on the bridge, look over your right shoulder to take in the glory of the Eiffel Tower. By day, she is discreet, hiding her charms until sunset when she sparkles in robe of twinkling lights.

On the Right Bank, I stroll through the gardens of Trocadero, just to clear my mind, all the while taking in the beauty of the city on an otherwise ordinary day.
Stopping briefly at Notre Dame de Paris for a moment of sacred reverence, taking in the opulence of ancient architecture.
Thinking about all the king's men who once stomped pass the splendor of l'Hotel des Invalides in such opulent attire.
I ponder the many exhibitions that have taken place at Le Grand Palais. Palatial on the outside hiding a gigantic sparse interior......
 On a sunny day I pause for a moment at the Jardin de Luxembourg to sketch, to take in the glory of nature....
Popping into a covered arcade, to gaze in the windows of the Galerie Vivienne before stopping for a sip of tea....
Another part of the Jardin de Luxembourg holds such great memories. For this is the place where one comes to sooth the artist within....a way of recharging the creative batteries...
.
While on the other side of town, in the Marais, the child in me was awakened by the Biblioteque Forney, a library which resembled more the castles of my beloved storybooks......
Even at night, the monuments are picture perfect and seem to glow. What a marvel, the Basilica Sacre Coeur!!!!  A tres bientot, Paris!!!! Je vous aime!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Carol, blessings and peace be with you. Oh, how I "love" these images, your creativity. You are fashionable and deeply imaginative. I just enjoy it. Thanks for directing these to me. I hope Easter went or is going well for you and your dad. I think of you from time to time. I just hope there is someone or some group viewing your work and will support you financially in the thrill of your life. Blessings.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ken. Peace be with you. So happy you enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete