Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Race is On !!!

Rush, Rush Rush..... Everyday, competing against the others to go from point A to point B.
 
It all starts out simple enough. I wake up to get my day started, but before I know it, I'm tangled up in my own thoughts, worries, anticipations, desires, expectations, fears.
 
Sometimes it's as though I'm racing against myself. I have a thousand things to do and only 24 hours to get all of them done. AND they need to be done to perfection. Can't make any mistakes, now!!!

 

Appearances count. So while I'm busy chasing my tail, I have to look good as I perform the smallest task.. Smile....you've only got one shot at this and you'd better look good!

OMG!!! I think I'm all wound up by circumstances beyond my control!!!!

But then, I think I've found a way to unwind and break through to a simpler life. And then I run for it!

Only to discover that... it's just a different version of the same daily dance.


I reach and think I'm almost there. And then suddenly I stumble......

Before I know it, others have caught up with me. They want the same thing as I and are willing to compete for it. And so the race is on yet again!!!!

Must it always be so complicated. Must there always be this rat race? And to what end? Why am I running so hard. Where am I going? And what do I hope to accomplish?

By the end of the day I make a startling revelation.... I realize that I run for the pleasure of running. I compete for the sake of proving myself to the world. (I'm no quitter!) I live to entangle myself in social interaction. And then once again, I think I see a finish line and think.....Oh! I'm almost there!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, it's been a while :-). This is a gorgeous and original post, as always! Hugs, Linda (Night Owl ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Great to hear from you!!! Hope you are well. Thank you for your kind words. As you can see, I'm still enjoying myself with this photo blog. But each one takes a great deal of thought!!! Big hugs. April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again April, I forgot to say that I started another doll blog, so feel free to drop by any time - no obligations of course :-)! I can imagine that such posts take a lot of thought, the result is spectacular though! xxx

      Delete